sckramer wrote:
> FYI, did a quick vid on this awhile ago... might help you (and shows how
> it ties together). The IQaudio is PCM51xx based also, so it's the same
> as the D+PRO
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blbcsKjLaOY

Nice Video thanks , where did you find all this information well
documented .
That was a pointer in the rigth direction ... Thankyou again.
I've now found a pdf manual at the IQaudio site that explains some of
this with pictures . Similar to your Video

PiCore Player says this

> Set ALSA control for volume adjustment (-V)
>
> Use ALSA control for volume adjustment otherwise use software volume
> adjustment.
>
> Select and use the appropiate name of the possible controls from the
> list below.
>
> Note: Not supported with -U option.
>
> You have the following audio cards/controls:
>
> Card 0: ALSA - Control: PCM
> Card 1: IQaudIODAC - Control: DSP Program Analogue Analogue Playback
> Boost Auto Mute Auto Mute Mono Auto Mute Time Left Auto Mute Time Right
> Clock Missing Period Deemphasis Digital Max Overclock DAC Max Overclock
> DSP Max Overclock PLL Volume Ramp Down Emergency Rate Volume Ramp Down
> Emergency Step Volume Ramp Down Rate Volume Ramp Down Step Volume Ramp
> Up Rate Volume Ramp Up Step

I see that "Digital" is a reported control of this card . Is this
possible to list in more human readable form :) a linux command some
documentation ??

This corresponds to what alsmixer shows me ,I have two kinds of analogue
volume a normal and some "boost" and a Digital volume  and some
possibilities to set step size in volume .
I can change filters "DSP" .

I see the same thing regarding Volume .

But as i understands it "Analogue" toggles -6,0 dB on and off "Analogue
Boost" toggles +0.80 dB Digital is a real volume control . I can see
that in the alsamixer ?

IQaudio claim that the card has hardware volume control .

Can I assume that choosing "Digital" means that i use the volume of the
IQ audio DAC ?

*Also in IQaudios pdf* i can that they explain analogue better it's
simply a switch between 1.0 vrms and 2.0 vmrms output . Same in *Texas
instruments pdf of the DAC* chip
They claim that both analogue and analogue boost shall be on and that
digital is the master volume ?
The "boost" is not on per default inPicore ? I'll trust their judgement
here .

Reagarding PiCore players advanced squeezelite/alsa options

So the Alsa volume field or various with -V gives me hardware volume .
Can i use the various settings field to gain access to other settings
like the DSP filters ? the DAC has 4 of them ?

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )