Or what about removing the button's background? Depending on the cover
art the button won't be obvious. But as it's in its usual place, you
should quickly figure it out.

I might recommend to leave a thin black boarder around the
button....just a defined target area.

Agreed. I just have to figure out how to achieve this.... My image editing power isn't up to the task yet.

Ok, no C code change required. What about this patch?

That worked.  Touching the image now changes the "Playing View"
I didn't see anything adverse.

Excellent, good to hear! I always feel a bit anxious touching code which has not been updated in half a decade...

--

Michael