Greg Erskine wrote:

> I use this USB IR remote with jivelite.
> Here's LIRC development thread, in case you missed it.

Hi Greg,
Funny thing, I have exact the same USB IR  keyboard/mouse emulator. But
could not get it working properly on my pi yesterday.
And yes the pi is under powered and overloaded and I did not have time
to verify it outputs over 4.75V on the USB port, So I did not complain
it did not work, and used the 'regular' keyboard and mouse for tests.
The device does work on a windoze laptop, so perhaps test what it draws
is a good start.

The lirc thread was skimmed months ago, and I need to study it again
before asking the obvious things. (RTFM )
When I find the ordered electronics parts again, I will definitely setup
an IR receiver , and perhaps a blaster to wake up the amp.

Thanks for the pointers.