tcutting wrote:
>   Mine doesn't have touch capability - I use LIRC instead.  I think the
> HDMI-based displays with touch capability provide the touch input via
> USB, right?  Does it simply act like a mouse?

Hi tcutting ,
Using LIRC as replacement for the touch could be a perfect and simple
method to send the commands to the pcp.
I have bought a TSOP4838 and one of is siblings, jet I have to find it
again.
Please share any data on how you use this in your setup.
I assume it generates something similar like keyboard keystrokes input
that has a translation table between received keys and to be activated
commands. If so a USB keyboard would be the simplest way to start
testing how Jivelite is behaving with other input.

If the touch screens are really with mouse like USB output and that
would work with Jivelite too, it would be simple to have a good
alternative for the original 7 inch screen. However I doubt the screens
I have seen do output over USB. If so the sellers would mention that as
function, and not limit it to be for raspi only.