epoch1970 wrote:
> Ah yes, now I found it. I had no idea which page you were talking about,
> but eventually I saw the "advanced" button, and hidden under there is
> the volume control... it was set at -42 dB.
> So thank you for that.
>
> (Maybe I am seeing a pattern where there isn't, but changing volume is
> not any "advanced" use of an audio device. Even myself can quite
> successfully operate a volume control without harming myself.
> Perhaps it would be a good idea to make the master volume control
> visible, esp. if it is muted by default.)

That is digital volume, Normally set to 0db by default.   However you
are using  shairport-sync, shairport is what is changing that value.

If you plan to use both squeezelite and shairport, i would look into
using Shairtune2W plugin to LMS.   The next option would be to put.
"Digital" in the Alsa volume control for Squeezelite.