foxesden wrote:
> Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.
>
> I have tried both versions vanilla and Audio version. When using an IQ
> Audio DAC they both sound the same to me. But when using a USB DAC there
> are very obvious clicks and pops in the audio version (XMOS based USB
> interface) particularly when updating the web interface; or when
> upsampling, when even the sound is comically distorted.
>
> In the standard version the bulk of the clicks are gone but there still
> seem to be a few very minor ticks vs using the IQ Audio DAC which
> carries no artefacts.
>
> Are there buffer settings that people are using with a USB XMOS DAC
> which eliminates all ticks, clicks and pops?

Most of the changes in the "Audio" version are for i2s soundcards.  USB
cards were never tested, and your results would not surprise me.  As for
config of the USB Dac, Hopefully someone that has a working device will
chime in.    We have a user supplied list here
https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home/List-of-USB-DACs  but
not to many recent updates.