wtnh wrote:
> I can verify that Minitool Partition Wizard on Windows 10 will do the
> job of creating the third partition - ext4 in my case; I was sidetracked
> by bad hardware on one computer.
>
> I was able to temporarily get around the permission issue by PuTTY'ing
> into piCorePlayer (which is running on a Zero) as the tc user and doing
> sudo chmod o+w /mnt/music; I was then able to use Filezilla to sftp into
> the player and copy over music files. I am pretty sure this won't
> survive a reboot though - perhaps unless a save in the UI retains that
> change. I'll try that later.

Just to circle back on this - doing a "sudo chmod o+w /mnt/music"
permission change persists across reboots. Yay! ("music" is the mount
point I created for my LMS music library).

So anytime I want to copy more music over to pCP and LMS, I just use
FileZilla to queue up transfers and it works without complaint. See post
#860 in this thread for the steps I used to build a pi Zero W running
pCP and LMS with everything on an SD card.