Howard Passman wrote:
> What are the restrictions on the AP mode? Specifically, when using AP
> Mode do I have to use wireless for my connection?
>
> Will LMS start if it can't find a connection of any sort? If not, can I
> force it?
>
> The reason behind asking is I'd like to try using the pCP player in the
> car. It would be great to use AP Mode and my phone (or Duet Controller)
> to control it. I tried it, but could not get AP mode to work using
> ethernet. It would still connect using wifi. And when I tried using wifi
> without a router being available, LMS would not start.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Howard

You cannot use wifi as a client and host.   Disable wifi, and then Set
LMS up while connected to a hard line, turn on the nomysqueezebox
option, to reduce the amount it tries to hit the internet.
Install AP mode (Don't turn on wifi on the wifi page, just goto the
APmode page and setup everything.)  Reboot, and pull the network cable.
The connect the the pCP AP.

I have a pi3b+ with LMS and a Boss Dac on it playing....controlling it
with iPeng connected to the pi's AP.

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer