paul- wrote:
> Sourceforge repo updated....please try it again.

Now I get 3.1.7 and the control device works. Thanks!

However, when not specifying a specific output device, shairport-sync
does not start. Looking at the init script, it looks like the
description in the web interface is not correct:
> Set name of Shairport-sync output device
> If not changed Shairport output device will be the default DAC specific
> values.
If no specific shareport output device is specified, the script does not
fallback to the DAC specific values; so, shareport quits.