@mherger

Lets get the things straight.

I'm talking about (potential) SW bugs. There's nothing esoteric about
it.
Since I lack in-depth knowledge - especially on the LMS side - I can't
really pin it down.
I'm in the process of trying to write a solution for squeezelite -
costing me quite some hours.
For doing this properly I just need a little support from the LMS
designer side.

BUG1
On a 100-> 0 scale LMS/slimproto fails on 3 values.  LMS simply provides
98/101 different values only.
This causes ambiguous or random behavior, since there are 3*2 equal
pairs.

User impact/priority:
rather low - it's probably working that way for more than a decade -
especially on SW volume controls the impact is low.
However. On a linear HW VC  ->  1click = 1dB , the feature already
offered by squeezelite, this bug means up to 3dB difference.
And that's a lot and all but linear.

BUG2
Swap of volume level. Pair 40/39 is simply swapped.

User impact/priority:
Rather low.
On a linear scale - 1click = 1dB - we'll see a 2dB drop from 41->40 and
a 1dB rise from 40->39. From 39->38 there's again a 2dB drop.

Effort to fix:
Probably rather low, if you know the area on the LMS side.

Risk of fix:
I'd say rather low impact and rather low risk associated.

I do not ask for any new features on the LMS side.

Somebody also mentioned to write a "plugin" - to fix two bugs? ;)

OK.

I could think of o volume control plugin that offers different volume
curves.
But that's not my area of focus. I simply want to get the existing
squeezelite
feature "linear volume control" fixed properly. And I'm almost there -
what's missing
is a solution to above bugs.
If you would tell me where to look, I'll have a look. But I'm sure you
could fix it yourself in no time.

:::'  my audioblog  - latest series: RaspBerry PI - \"The Audio Engine\"
' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com):::