cfuttrup wrote:
> Interesting observation. Just curious - how did you find this problem?

While testing my patch.
The nice thing about building a working "linear" (1click=1dB) VC  is
that you easily see the non-linearities (1click<>1dB). Of course you
need to look at the entire scale 100->0, at every single position.
Meaning, if you click on 50 and -49dB appears inside amixer/alsamixer
(the Alsa base level mixers) something is wrong.

With that linear VC approach you'll run squeezelite on a DAW/pro-Audio
level - no more "It's going up, It's going down, It's OK.

I do measure my DACs. But. There's no need to in this case. The DAC ,
e.g. ESS SABRE 9038, itself via its Alsa driver offers a linear scale
100->0 in dB step-width.
That's why the whole thing needs just a very basic 1:1 LMS/SL-> driver
mapping.

And simply by looking at amixer/alsamixer you'll see what's going on.

cfuttrup wrote:

> Your username is soundcheck. Are you related to...

No. No connections.

:::'  my audioblog  - latest series: RaspBerry PI - \"The Audio Engine\"
' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com):::