chill wrote:
> Yeah, I've been following this thread with interest - in fact it's what
> inspired me to get a bigger MicroSD card and make a third partition for
> my music for my camper van Squeezebox system.
>
> But what I'm not clear on is whether AirFiero wants a totally
> stand-alone system, or one that's only intended to work within a network
> that already has LMS running.  If the former, then obviously LMS has to
> run from the Zero, if the latter then pCP only needs to run as a player.
> But you knew that - just spelling it out for clarity.

The latter is correct, I'm trying to build a standalone player. Think a
"PiCorePod", like an iPod, but with newer and more up to date DAC
hardware, audio codecs, capabilities, storage space and possible
customization. I'm attempting to build it on a Pi Zero with the Iqaudio
DAC hat and headphone amp daughter board. The display is the Waveshare
4.3 inch touchscreen. It would be powered by the Adafruit power module
with a 2500 mAh LiPo battery as a UPS, which can run on battery or line
in and the battery gets automatically charged when plugged into wall
power.

I like picoreplayer because it is very slim, boots quickly and will do
only what I need, and that's to be a music player.

I got a 512gb SD Micro card from B&H Photo and Video for $96. I think
they still have them at that price. The size seems to check out in
Windows (so it's not likely a fake).

I'm reading through Jeff's *amazingly* detailed instructions (THANKS,
Jeff!). I want to do this all very slowly and carefully. I'll report
back with the results.