I wanted something a bit nicer to look at then my old Squeezebox 2, so I
installed Picoreplayer 4.1.0. on a PI2B with the official 7” screen and
a Hifiberry DAC+pro.
I all went very smoothly and everything seems to be working flawlessly.

But then I saw there was the release of Picoreplayer 5.0 and naturally I
had to try it and thats where it went south.

I tried both a insitu upgrade and a completely new install, but seem to
run into the same problem.
With the 5.0 version I cannot select my Hifiberry DAC+pro as audio
output device. It simply isn’t in the (much shorter) list. The only
choices regarding Hifiberry are “Hifiberry Amp (and +)” and “Hifiberry
DAC Zero/MiniAMP” which obviously don’t work.

Is this been reported before or am I missing something here?