In another thread, someone noted that if one plans to run LMS on the rPi
(with piCorePlayer), resizing the SD card to 300MB was too small and
perhaps 2000MB would be better.  That's the first I'd seen this thought.
Is this only if one plans to use the SD card for holding the cache.  In
my own case, I use 300MB but have the LMS cache stored on the attached
USB drive (that holds my music files).   Thanks for your thoughts on
this.

I don't see why you wouldn't use the full card size. You bought it, use it. Most users probably are using just the SD card, because it's easier and does work well enough (I'm close to ending my third year of using the same card 24x7 as a LMS).

--

Michael