Man in a van wrote:
> Last week I had a play with this (using a 16gb usb stick)
>
> https://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5038
>
> I gave up, as it was not simple enough for this bear of little brain.:(
>
> I returned to
>
> https://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4519
>
> The Kernel 3.16 version did not want to co-oporate and so I switched to
> Kernel 5.4:rolleyes:
>
> I have installed a working version of Jivelite which starts on boot and
> controls my players.
>
> Kernel 5.4 uses perl 5.26.1
>
> I have installed LMS v7.9.3 on the Joggler, accessed it from my Desktop,
> configured it, used it for playback but when I reboot the Joggler it all
> dies and is unreachable.:(
>
> I might try the no CPAN version and follow the instructions on Roland0's
> thread, but I'm honestly loosing interest.
>
> Maybe just as a Jivelite screen it's worthwhile, but the time involved
> is not trivial.
>
> ronnie

You might want to try chills setupfrom this thread. Since I added swap,
my system is running stable for me.
He prepared a img, which only needs addition of LMS and runs otherwise
out of the box.

LMS 8 on Open Peak Joggler (SqueezePlay OS)
Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero;