rbl wrote:
> I mean the various accessories that can be added to the Pi - sensors,
> motors etc.. It seems that piCorePlayer is a stripped down o/s focusing
> on audio and I am just wondering if there is any major loss of Pi
> functionality (over and above LMS) as a result?

Well yes, my understanding is that PicorePlayer is designed to be
minimal and just contains the components to run LMS / jivelite /
squeezelite and a simple web server for configuration purposes. The
whole systems is loaded in RAM, which is remarkable. You can add some
extensions, but you won't get a full desktop-type environment for fun
scripts/automation projects. You can still multi-boot (with something
like BerryBoot) and use other operating systems on the raspberry Pi, as
and when needed.