I'm afraid I can't speak to the Synology specific aspects.

Personally, I have a different subdirectory under my home directory's
'docker' directory, one for each logical 'application' (some need more
than one container). Then in that directory I have the
docker-compose.yml file required to run that application's services.

This is (essentially) the docker-compose.yml file for my LMS instance:

    version: "3.5"
  services:
  logitech-media-server:
  container_name: lms
  hostname: lms-docker
  image: lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:stable
  restart: unless-stopped
  ports:
  - "9000:9000"
  - "9090:9090"
  - "3483:3483"
  - "3483:3483/udp"
  volumes:
  # folder where lms stores its data (cache, logs, prefs)
  - ./lms_storage:/config
  # folder where lms should look for music
  - music:/music
  # use time of host
  - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
  - /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro