Chill...

Could you please run through a "how-to" step-by-step implementation of
this from ground zero.  I'd like to do this.  I have no linux skills,
but know how to use ssh/Putty/WinScP.  I can follow directions if
they're clear and granular.    There have been a lot of iterations of
this and it's not obvious to me where to start, etc.  Thanks!

chill wrote:
> I'd forgotten about the 'status' option of the built-in squeezelite
> script, which makes it really simple to see if squeezelite has started
> up.  So I improved my script to be a little more sophisticated than just
> waiting 0.25 seconds.  It will now retry up to 5 times, with 1 second
> between each.  Obviously you can tune those values.  In my case I've
> found that it always starts first time, so evidently the tiny delay
> introduced by calling an extra script is enough.  YMMV.
>
> Here's my improved script.

  >   > #!/bin/sh
  >
  > attempts=5 # number of tries
  > count=$attempts
  > while [ "$(sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite status)" == "Squeezelite
not running." ]; do
  >     if [ $((count--)) -le 0 ]; then
  >             echo  "Squeezelite failed to initialize within $attempts
attempts." >> /var/log/pcp_DAC.log

--------------------

> 33270

Rg

System information
Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME
ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305
subs.

Home Theatre:  RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5
Classic 5.1.

LMS  8.1.0 - 1608700893 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.