chill wrote:
> Based on the approach in that script (the one that 'universally' works
> for me and Carsten), I've made a script that creates the udev rules file
> and adds it to the list of backed up files.

Great work!

Where does this:
chill wrote:

  >   > $kernel
--------------------

come from? I didn't saw it defined anywhere and when I look at it in the
shell I am getting an empty string.

I also have to restore the ALSA-settings with:

    sudo /usr/local/sbin/alsactl restore
--------------------

in my script.

Is this something that can be included in this. I don't know when this
is normally called. When I start the Pi with powered on speakers, it is
done. So maybe there is more that should be done when switching on
things later.

pi4 4gb picoreplayer with lms and squeezelite for usb inside an argon
one case
pi3b+ (7\" display, hifiberry dac+ pro) picoreplayer with
squeezlite/jivelite for hifiberry and bluetooth headphone inside a
smartipi touch case
two airport express
ikea symfonisk