chill wrote:

> As a result, the udev script returns very quickly without blocking
> further udev events, and squeezelite starts up in the background after
> that short sleep.

Although this seems to work, after reading up a bit I'm not it's working
the way I thought.  Apparently a process spawned in the background in
this way will be killed when the calling script ends.  So in this case,
it's maybe only working because the squeezelite restart actually happens
really quickly, before the SQLITE-control.sh script exits.

I believe some combination of 'nohup' and/or 'disown' may be necessary
to stop the spawned process from being killed.  Something else to
experiment with.