rgro wrote:
> I have one further question.  I now have two similar udev rule files.
>
> One is named:   etc/udev/rules.d/10-dac.rules
>
> The other is named:   etc/udev/rules.d/10-DAC.rules
>
> The latter is the current operational one and the former is an
> accidental (used lower case by accident) duplicate.  I cannot figure out
> how to delete the first file---all I get is a "permission denied"
> message if I type:  "rm /etc/udev/rules.d/10-dac.rules".  Seems I can
> easily create a file, but deleting it is something else. Since I know
> nothing about Linux, clearly I'm missing something.  How do I delete
> it??

When it's just a permissions thing, you can usually get round it by
preceding the command with 'sudo' (for "superuser do").
So try 'sudo rm /etc/udev/rules.d/10-dac.rules'.

It's odd that the former version has different permissions though - was
it perhaps created by using the 'make' option of my latest script as a
User Command under tweaks?