chill wrote:
> Although this seems to work, after reading up a bit I'm not convinced
> it's working the way I thought.  Apparently a process spawned in the
> background in this way will be killed when the calling script ends.

Well I was wrong.  Somehow that spawned script is NOT killed when the
script that spawned it finishes.  Maybe I've misunderstood what I've
read. I tried it with a loop that would always iterate 5 times at 1
second intervals, and it kept iterating even after the calling script
had ended.  As far as I can tell, that's not standard bash behaviour, so
I'm at a loss to explain it.  However, it means that the bit of code, in
my SQLITE-control.sh script above, where squeezelite is started
('/home/tc/restartSQLITE.sh &'), apparently doesn't need changing.