Bogg wrote:
> Hi again. And thanks again. On with the show.
>
> Here are my steps for clarity -
> Dac on - run install without --nostop - pcp br - dac off (sqlite auto
> killed, not showing in material, but showing on pcp web)

  >   > tc@pCP:~$ ps | grep squeezelite
  > 6066 root      0:02 /usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n piCorePlayer -o
hw:CARD=M6,DEV=0 -a 80 4  1  -v
  > 9987 tc        0:00 grep squeezelite
  > tc@pCP:~$ sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite status
  > Squeezelite is running. PID=6066

--------------------

So here we see again the symptom that the pCP interface is apparently
out of sync with the actual state of squeezelite.  When you power off
the DAC it disappears from Material, yet it's apparently still running:
ps is still showing it has a PID of 6066 and the pCP web interface says
it's running.

So I would start to doubt that the 'stop' function of the script is
working, except that it disappears from Material.  I wonder how that can
be the case - how can 'sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite status'
report that it's running, but Material doesn't see it?  Maybe this is
the key to what's going on.

When it disappears from Material, are you able to select the player and
play something on it in the default LMS interface?  Of has it gone from
the default interface too?

Bogg wrote:
> Dac on - sqlite still killed on material, changes to killed on pcp web
> (I've checked this so many times, it's definitely not me not refreshing
> the browser)

  >   >
  > tc@pCP:~$ ps | grep squeezelite
  > 10558 tc        0:00 grep squeezelite
  > tc@pCP:~$ sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite status
  > Squeezelite not running.

--------------------

And here's the other half of the same problem - reconnecting the DAC
apparently -stops- Squeezelite to the satisfaction of both Material and
the pCP web page!

Ah, wait!!!!
I've just noticed that the 'stop' section of the script is not using
'sudo' to issue the stop command.  I don't believe this makes a
practical difference - I see an 'Operation not permitted', but it kills
Squeezelite nonetheless.  But it might be worth seeing if this fixes
things in your case.  At line 138 in the original script (probably 139
in yours after adding the 'local' declaration), change this line:

                        result=$(/usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite stop)

to this:

                        result="$(sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite stop)"