Hi again. Thanks for your continued support, it's very much
appreciated.

> but I would also expect it to stay 'running' in the pCP web interface
> (which it apparently is not). Strange.

I thought I might have been mistaken about this, it was getting late,
but it's definitely showing not running on pcp web, but showing ok in
material. (and is ok)

> can you confirm that your pCP only has a single instance of Squeezelite,
> and that it's configured only via the Squeezelite web page of the pCP
> interface?

Yes, It's a brand new install of 7.0.0 on a pi 3 with official display,
running wifi. After installation I resize FS then change the squeezelite
settings page to my usb card. Once that was running I run all the
updates from the main pcp web. Install nano from the extension. Install
your script using

  sudo nano /home/tc/SQLITE-control.sh
  paste in the script (adjusted with local remote & local)
  sudo chmod +x SQLITE-control.sh
  sudo ./SQLITE-control.sh install
  pcp br

--------------------

I've tried it 3 times, just in case I'm somehow messing up the install,
but it's been exactly the same every time.

> run the script manually from the command line:
> Code:
> /home/tc/SQLITE-control.sh restart M6 1-1.2
> I can't really see why this would make a difference

This makes things work again ! .
I follow your three steps from post 199, and the dac reconnects !
Here's the output

  tc@pCP:~$ /home/tc/SQLITE-control.sh restart M6 1-1.2
  /home/tc/SQLITE-control.sh: line 87: can't create /var/log/pcp_M6.log:
Permission denied
  /home/tc/SQLITE-control.sh: line 87: can't create /var/log/pcp_M6.log:
Permission denied
  /home/tc/SQLITE-control.sh: line 125: can't create /tmp/M6.kername:
Permission denied
  tc@pCP:~$ /home/tc/SQLITE-control.sh: line 87: can't create
/var/log/pcp_M6.log: Permission denied
  /home/tc/SQLITE-control.sh: line 87: can't create /var/log/pcp_M6.log:
Permission denied
  /home/tc/SQLITE-control.sh: line 87: can't create /var/log/pcp_M6.log:
Permission denied
  No state is present for card M6
  No state is present for card M6
--------------------

The log file doesn't show any update after it had already failed 5
times.

here's the output of dmesg after doint the above test (sqlite is now
working at this point)
It's far too big! so hopefully future me has zipped it and attached it
here somehow -

33667 - (wow that was so easy ! thanks forum people!!)

I've tried disconnect dac, grep and kill then reconnect dac. It didn't
make work.

    tc@pCP:~$ ps | grep squeezelite
  10606 root      0:19 /usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n piCorePlayer -o
hw:CARD=M6,DEV=0 -a 80 4  1  -v
  11122 tc        0:00 grep squeezelite
  tc@pCP:~$ sudo kill -9 10606
  tc@pCP:~$ ps | grep squeezelite
  11319 tc        0:00 grep squeezelite

|Filename: dmesg output.zip                                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33667|