thejeko wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> after a couple of days of full immersion in this project and after
> having read all the messages and tried practically everything I have
> read, I have to annoy you because some things just do not get there.
>
> 1. How do I increase the fluidity and sensitivity of the vu meter, when
> I listen to a song, the needle barely moves even when Metallica is
> playing.
> 2. I try to start picoreplayer with this in the tweaks:
> /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/gomonitor -a2 -dw --latlon "45.464203, 9.189982" the
> oled remains off, but if I use the same commands from the console, it
> works but no whether. Also if I add -b with --nosplash the brightness is
> lowered and the oled "wobbles"
> 3. I tried in every way to understand how to eliminate the percentage of
> the volume on the screen because I use it fixed.
>
> Also often when I use the -a or -a1s commands, the all info function
> works only for the textual part and not the graphics one but when the
> latter works, after restarting pcp, the graphics have no animation.
>
> I use a 2.42 "128x64 oled diymore, modified I2C and the latest release
> of both lmsmonitor and PCP
>
> Thank you all

I just found this recently myself.
I'm working on getting the 256x64 grayscale solution working, it been
far too long and I want it closed out.

Working on the full scale 2 up VU I noticed the meter was none too
responsive - I see the wobble you described :mad:

I have a test bench that I used to record the data stream and the
resultant math

pushing those data through the test bench and the numbers from the
current algo don't match the recorded

If I feed the recorded calcs in the meters look good as expected

    61,68,66,66,113,100
  SA   L:       61 R:       68
  dB   L:       66 R:       66
  XY   x:      113 y:      100
  XYd  x:       30 y:       18
  Retrieved line of length 22:
  114,115,66,66,103,168
  SA   L:      114 R:      115
  dB   L:       66 R:       66
  XY   x:      103 y:      168
  XYd  x:       31 y:       17
  Retrieved line of length 21:
  369,370,66,66,85,180
  SA   L:      369 R:      370
  dB   L:       66 R:       66
  XY   x:       85 y:      180
  XYd  x:       35 y:       15
  Retrieved line ...

--------------------

XYd are the numbers from the current algo.

I don't remember changing this but something is definitely amiss.  Last
time I touched the code was to add damping on the needle - improved
"pseudo" mechanical physics

I'm digging through source control to see when this was modified and
I'll flip it back or reverse engineer the math.  Either way I'll drop a
new version as soon as that's been done.

AIO I'll be visiting shortly - bar style where introduced late 2020 and
may be the issue

Again as soon as I have something I'll post back

As of *10-Mar-2021* my digitized collection is (25661 hours 04 minutes)
+ (00 seconds) or
2.929[/B] YEARS IN DURATION
RANDOM CONTINUOUS PLAY WOULD REALLY ANNOY THE NEIGHBORS...

DIGITIZED THUS FAR:

[B]TOTAL TRACKS: 166,204
TOTAL ALBUMS: 15,221
TOTAL ARTISTS: 21,795
TOTAL GENRES: 768
TOTAL PLAYING TIME: 25661:04:00

With another ~2400 yet to be ripped... a moving target such that it is