Elmar.F wrote:
> Does not help.
>
> Some thoughts:
>
> 1) no static IP on my piCorePlayer
> 2) SSD disk drive (2tb - Western Digital) - ext4-formatted on my
> Ubuntu-based Laptop, then attached to the BOSS2

1) Static IP address is unnecessary.
2) SAMBA is only used to transfer files from a Windows OS to an SSD
mounted to your pi, you do not need it to run LMS. Forget Samba. I know
nothing whatsoever about Ubuntu or ext4 file systems.

3) LMS runs on your PI, it is installed on the SD card, there is
absolutely no need to move the LMS Server Cache and Preferences to the
attached SSD drive, as I said in a previous post leave the cache and
prefs on the SD card until you know what you're doing.

Is LMS running?

*Server - LMS 8.2.0 *Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library,
playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Dining Room* - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
*Garage* - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi