leinster-lad wrote:
> Had my pi4b running for nearly a week now and noticed an error in the
> pcp_boot.log and was wondering if any of you experienced guys could shed
> some light ?
>

> In the background, ntpd is syncing time between piCorePlayer and the
> internet.
> A large offset between 1970 and now is normal.
> /usr/local/slimserver/Bin/armhf-linux/sox FAIL sox: `-' error writing
> output file: Broken pipe
> /usr/local/slimserver/Bin/armhf-linux/sox FAIL sox: `-' error writing
> output file: Broken pipe
>
> -: ERROR while decoding metadata
> state = FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM
>

> Thanks

not sure but guessing it's because rPi doesn't have a RTC so each
startup it needs to sync.

rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |
rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS on pCP
https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml
Your usb device is taking too long to become ready at boot.  You need to
add some delay.  On the extras menu, there is a bootcodes screen.
Increase the value of waitusb
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111972-piCorePlayer-6-x-x-Bluetooth