I don’t subscribe at all to the idea that your music library should be
on any kind of USB drive. In my experience running a pCP LMS with files
on a quality NAS is just as quick and massively safer and robust.
The idea that an SSD in a USB enclosure is somehow the way to go is a
waste of an SSD in my opinion. You don’t need fast storage for low level
read activity (with only occasional writes).
LMS itself and the db on an SSD on the other hand is well worth it as
the GUI performance whether default, material or any of the apps is much
quicker.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Boom
*Kitchen* UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS