Well I've got Win11 to work on one PCP!
But it was an arduous journey and I still can't get it to work on the
other PCP. :-(
To be fair I've had similar symptoms with Win10 but on a different
laptop so I can't completely blame Win11.

It's working on a rPi 4B and piCorePlayer v8.2.0 | www v00017 | linux
5.15.35-pcpCore-v7l (32) | piCore v13.2 | Squeezelite v1.9.9-1392-pCP.
It's not working thus far on a 3B+ and the same PCP s/w.

It seems that keeping PCP's "Discoverable" = Yes helps.
Also the behaviour seems random after the Windows scans for BT devices
and tries to pair. Sometimes it pairs and allows one to connect, other
times Windows says after a delay that the other device "would like to
pair to this Windows device"!
Sometimes devices take ages to appear in the Windows BT scan list,
sometimes not.

Another gotcha was that the PCP "Paired Devices" entry somehow changed
from Type = Player to Speaker. I think the symptom of this was that the
PC's paired device connected and then disconnected immediately
afterwards. I've no idea how that config change happpened but I
certainly didn't change it. I've seen that twice now on different PCPs
but can't reproduce it. Once I changed that back to Type = Player it
remained connected.

Another issue appears to be signal strength. Both laptops and PCPs seem
to be quite different in this. I suspect my PCP's metal case doesn't
exactly help in this regard.
I might try one of the USB dongles that others report as working e.g.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxesla-Bluetooth-Wireless-Transmitter-Controller/dp/B0126XU9CM/ref=sr_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=Maxesla&qid=1626034484&sr=8-16

Maybe a wizard to step through might help eradicate issues and make sure
every value is set correctly.