I've got pCP 8.0.0 running OK on a Pi 3B+. My BT speaker will pair with
the Pi and LMS successfully plays on it. After the Pi has been powered
off and started up again, turning on the speaker will not pick up where
it left off - in fact it won't play anything at all until it's
"forgotten" and re-paired. I've found a couple of similar questions
earlier in this thread but the answers there didn't make any difference.
I'm guessing the problem is the speaker's own software - I use
headphones on a different Pi over BT and they simply resume when powered
on.

A technical question - is there any way of making the pairing happen
without keyboard/screen intervention by a user (perhaps pressing a
button to do the pairing)?
[The goal is a "black box" that the users will simply plug in, then a
minute or two later turn on the speaker, and the pre-loaded music will
just happen. No network, or other wires except power on/off.]

An alternative question - other people do have BT speakers that resume
when powered up. Could anyone share what models they have so I can try a
bit of shopping instead of technology?

Thanks, folks :-)

Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 8 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP >
Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
Library: External USB drive
Android: Squeezer app