brainchild wrote:
> Perhaps my enthusiasm about expressing a solution I considered as an
> ideal, and one which I think others might also share in principle,
> whether or not having considered it, appeared as a demand or rejection.

Thank you. That may have contributed to our misunderstanding, but by
then I had already failed to understand what you were trying to achieve,
and I had filled in the blanks in my understanding with my own
assumptions.

Sometimes it is necessary to make inferences, because some people do not
have a background that has prepared them to make the necessary
observations or the vocabulary needed to report them. I have been in
that role, and probably will be again, and resolving my issues depended
on finding someone who was able to "read between the lines" and infer
what I needed to say but was incapable of saying.

But that approach made for a misguided and unhelpful response to you.
What was needed was simply to read what you wrote and refrain from
inferring anything. This exchange has been a good reminder that that
should always be an option.

I did think I was trying to be neutral and non-judgmental in my replies
to you, but I see now that I did not try hard enough. Anyone whose
inference engine is running will notice unstated implications in my
words. So I would like to state openly and for the record that it is a
perfectly valid option to prefer properly packaged software to manual
installations.

Fortunately, I am not one of the most knowledgeable people here, so some
people who actually know their way around are providing what you need. I
don't think I was exactly wrong when I told you that what you wanted (if
I understood it by then) was unlikely. But Craig (cpd730) has shown
again why he is one of the heroes of this community, and if I have
finally arrived at an understanding of your needs, I think it is very
likely that you will be happy with the results.

All the best....

Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual
players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio,
Boom or Classic.