brainchild wrote:
> It would be quite nice if someone were interested in maintaining and
> distributing a project on behalf of the community.
>
> I think just mentioning ways that someone might attempt it, however, has
> become off topic.
>
> Thanks for the references, though. Perhaps it will help or inspire
> someone.

There have already been some misunderstandings in this thread, and I
think we now have another one. I cannot speak for others who have posted
suggestions, but when I posted the directions for manually installing
SqueezePlay, I was under the mistaken impression that you wanted to have
a non-browser-based desktop client that could control players attached
to LMS, and that you might be willing to follow some simple instructions
to achieve that. I suspect that was the thinking behind other posts,
too: the point wasn't that *someone* might attempt to follow the
directions, but that *YOU* could.

I think it is clear now that what you want is a .deb package to install
such a client, and nothing else. That remains a possibility, although an
unlikely one. My understanding is that developers in this community
usually work on projects that interest them. So far, you are the only
one who has expressed a need for a .deb package for this purpose. You
might consider offering a bounty for a developer who would be willing to
tackle the task. That might generate some interest, if someone with the
necessary skills has some spare time.

Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual
players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio,
Boom or Classic.