brainchild wrote:
> Some of the suggestions were to migrate the existing web page into a
> distributable wrapper, such as one built through Electron. Doing so is a
> development project in its own right, which would benefit the community.
> That it would be distributable and of benefit to more than the developer
> would be in most cases the reason for someone to undertake such a
> project.
>
> Electron is a software development tool, not a user utility. Such is the
> confusion that I have read into some of the responses given to my
> inquiry.
>

> There is no software that only can be run when shipped as a package,
> except on a system that has some very serious sandboxing restrictions,
> of the kind common on mobile devices. It is plain, though, from my
> reading, that many participants in the discussion might benefit from a
> package if one were available for distribution, in all the same ways and
> for all the same reasons as why I might benefit from it.
>
> Discussing what I generally am able or willing to do to my own system
> was not the reason I opened the discussion, and (without recalling every
> detail that I shared) I might suggest trying to avoid making inferences
> to such effect. Sharing these choices is not what would tend to add
> value to a question of such kind. My purpose rather was to learn about
> the range of current options available from the community. Having such
> information allows me to weigh the suitability of the various choices.
>
> The benefit to many, myself and others, that may be afforded by a Debian
> or Ubuntu package has been given as a rather casual observation, not
> intended as controversial, nor as a judgment toward anyone who might
> take responsibility for maintaining it.

Eh?

*Server - LMS 8.3.0 *RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K
library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

*Lounge* - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
*Office* - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
*Bedroom* - Echo Show 8

*Spares* - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 3xRPi, 1xCORE32, AVI DM5 speakers