brainchild wrote:
> Some of the suggestions were to migrate the existing web page into a
> distributable wrapper, such as one built through Electron. Doing so is a
> development project in its own right, which would benefit the community.
> That it would be distributable and of benefit to more than the developer
> would be in most cases the reason for someone to undertake such a
> project.

As previously stated I have already written a Qt-based wrapper - this
was to allow any page to be installed as a web-app. Now grated this
means creating a .desktop file, but that is fairly easy (and an example
LMS .desktop file is provided). Although not Electron based specificaly,
it does use the same chromium engine as Electron - just wraped in the Qt
toolkit.

As can be seen from the screenshots I have started working on an
LMS-specific version. This does server auto-discovery, allows
configuring the zoom of the webpage, and now also implements MPRIS. This
is a standalone app wiith its own .desktop file, which I -might- then
build a .deb package from. However, please note that development of this
app has only just started, and it relies on the development version of
Material (which is not yet ready for release). (The app also currently
has an awful name ("lms-material-app-qt") so I will need to think of a
much better one before any release). Being Qt based, if there is any
interest I might see about creating a Mac package, and possibly Windows
(although not much need due to Squeezelite-X).

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.