-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Farmer
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 9:37 AM
To: uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org
Cc: Chris Awre
Subject: Re: [uportal-dev] Uportal Search Engine

The CREE Project at the University of Hull developed a series of search
portlets. One was for the Google search. Subsequently Hull has begun a
series of improvements based on the use of the portlets. One of those
suggested improvements was the ability to create EndNote compliant
citations.

Chris Awre may read and respond to your query. If not, I suggest you
email him directly for the status of those portlets.

Incidentally the project did learn a lot about how experienced users use

search.  A copy of the projects initial survey is also available.

jim farmer

Longwe, Miya W wrote:
> Dear Folks:
>
> My name is Miya Longwe and I am with the Boston University's School of
> Management IT Services Department. We are currently exploring the
> feasibility of using Uportal in our environment. My questions are:
> (1) can we integrate Google as a search engine or does uPortal have a
> custom search engine and (2) where can I find more information
regarding
> this subject?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Miya W. Longwe