sorry for the delay on this...

http://www.ja-sig.org/issues/browse/UP-1943

Eric Dalquist wrote:
Interesting, I realized after reading those that since we use a SSO solution and don't have a guest view our fname links are always visited by authenticated users.

I'd like to get some more feedback from Drew and Tim on their solutions to figure out what we need to do here.

Drew,
Does your deep-linking for tabs work for guest users? What happens if you a link to a tab that would be in a user's authd layout but is not in the guest layout?

Tim,
Could you create a Jira issue and attach your code so we have something to look at there as well?

Getting a single solution for deep linking to both channels and tabs should be something we can get out of all of this.

Thanks,
-Eric

Pascal Aubry wrote:
Hi Eric,
Did you have a look at http://www.ja-sig.org/issues/browse/UP-1929 and http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/UPC/External+Links+to+Channels+and+tabs?
Best,
PA

Eric Dalquist wrote:
Thats good to know. Could you file a bug against the version(s) of uPortal you've tested with describing the URLs you tried and the expected versus actual behavior?

http://www.ja-sig.org/issues/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

Thanks
-Eric

Vangel V. Ajanovski wrote:
pre-2.6 off of TRUNK, probably dating in between the period of 2.5.3 and 2.6, with the several modifications for multilingual guest layouts that I have described here in sept.2006

If this happens only in my case, I guess it doesn't matter much, because in few weeks I will try to push towards up3.

I know that I tried to make it work several times last year and did not succeed.

Eric Dalquist wrote:
What version of uPortal are you running? It works for us without being logged in.

-Eric

Vangel V. Ajanovski wrote:
Unfortunately - this only works when logged in. Don't know why.

--
Join your friends and colleagues at JA-SIG 2008 - "Higher Education Solutions: The
Community Source Way!"

Featuring CAS, DSpace, Fedora, Fluid, Internet2, Kuali, Sakai, uPortal, and
more!
Information/Registration at:
http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html

You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: [EMAIL