Alex,
for a new project which should include socket communication  i have to
prototype a short "demo" and i was already wondering if i need to have running
2 instances of the LC IDE for development.

But now you wrote that you had one server and even multiple client stacks
opened in LC.
So do i understand it correctly that both, server and client stack, can
communicate with each other using sockets in one instance of the LC IDE?

Regards,

Matthias

> Am 15.01.2021 um 13:05 schrieb Alex Tweedly via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>:
>
> I've not seen any such problems - though with 9.6.1 / Mac.
>
> I've spent most of the last week in the IDE, with two or more stacks open
> (one server, one client - occasionally multiple client stacks) so I have
> multiple open sockets (both 'accept'ing and 'open'ed)  almost all the time,
> and had no problems with IDE or script editor.
>
> (I know - that's no consolation, but I thought I'd mention it in case 9.6.1
> was an option for you and might just help:-)
>
> Alex.

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code