On 2015-10-26 10:52, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
I don't have a Hi-DPI monitor and didn't found anything in the forum about
it, so I am unsure what happens with my stack if I would enable this
setting? What exactly happens when it says "if enabled, the stack will be scaled to fit"? A Hi-Res monitor has a higher pixel density, but my program windows and objects have fixed sizes in pixel. My understanding is, if I don't enable this setting, my stacks will be displayed smaller on a Hi-DPI monitor? Correct? And enabling this setting, are they scaled to the "same appearance", as on a standard monitor? Or what happens? If yes, probably images get blurred, when being scaled, so you shouldn't enable this option
when you use images, correct?

Hi-DPI scaling makes it so that if the systems 'pixel scale' (the mapping from virtual pixels to physical pixels) is not 1-1, the engine will appropriately render things to use the 'extra fidelity'.

A stack which is 400x400 in LiveCode, will still appear to be 400x400 on a Retina display, say, except that it will actually be rendering at 800x800 - making things crisper.

Depending on the version of Windows you are targetting, you can experiment with HiDPI by adjusting the 'text scaling' option in the system preferences.

Why is the Hi-DPI support for Windows a chooseable option and for OS X it is standard since 6.7.6 (6.7.7)? Do images don't get blurred, when the stack is
resized on OS X? Why can't I disable this option on OS X?

Windows does not allow the runtime configuration of Hi-DPI 'pixel scaling' - it has to be specified as part of the Applications 'manifest' which is integrated at standalone build time.

Mac, however, does allow toggleing configuration of Hi-DPI 'pixel scaling' at runtime - see the 'usePixelScaling' option.

By default, the Mac engine will use as many pixels as it can - so if you have a retina display, you will get pixel scaling (but you can turn it off - set the usePixelScaling to false).

On Windows, by default pixel scaling is turned off, but you can choose to use it for your app by turning it on in the standalone builder.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/