On 10/27/2015 2:58 PM, Mark Waddingham wrote:

It causes text (on Windows) to be rendered as a path internally, and
then painted to the target - this means that it doesn't suffer the
'changing metrics' problem. It is actually what 'formatForPrinting' now
sits on (on Windows) - meaning you can actually show a nice accurate
print preview of layout of a stack without the drawbacks of that mode
which used to exist (many versions ago).

Of course, I think I just noticed it never made it into the dictionary...

I didn't even have to think, I looked it up and it wasn't there. :)

But since you're (presumably) about to add the term, is there a better word for it? Something indicating "text" somehow? Anyone looking for a property like that would probably do a search for "text".