On 2015-10-27 20:50, Scott Rossi wrote:
Hold on -- "useIdealLayout" is a real property? When l think of all the
years I wasted fiddling with the design of projects...

on clientRequest
   create stack
   put it into theStack
   set the useIdealLayout of theStack to true
   save theStack
   deliver theStack
   send "vacation" to me in 5 seconds
end clientRequest

Haha - unfortunately it is nowhere near as impressive as that!

It causes text (on Windows) to be rendered as a path internally, and then painted to the target - this means that it doesn't suffer the 'changing metrics' problem. It is actually what 'formatForPrinting' now sits on (on Windows) - meaning you can actually show a nice accurate print preview of layout of a stack without the drawbacks of that mode which used to exist (many versions ago).

Of course, I think I just noticed it never made it into the dictionary...

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/