Monte Goulding wrote:

>> On 4 Mar 2016, at 2:35 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>>
>> I'm also curious now about the use case for cantSelect
>
> I've used it before with large background images Ke graphics.
> It's pretty annoying to be trying to drag select multiple objects
> above another object that you don't want to start dragging around...

I use lockLoc for that. In my own work I almost never use cantSelect because mouse messages behave VERY differently with objects set to use a browse mode while everything else is in pointer mode, which can lead to very annoying circumstances of its own depending on your scripts.

Given how frequently folks use lockLoc and how seldom cantSelect is used, it would seem a good choice for a tool where space is limited.

As for the Inspector, it may be time to consider a property sheet rather than manually arranged control layouts. VB and Toolbook use prop sheets and I love having absolutely every property available in one place. Helps with learning too, so folks can see all properties laid out and explore them more easily.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems