Monte Goulding wrote:

>> On 4 Mar 2016, at 8:36 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>> Ironically, drag-select is the exact use case that prompted me
>> to STOP using cantSelect.  I was working on a drawing pane and
>> had an object covering the full space within the drawing region
>> behind everything else I wanted to user to be able to interact
>> with.  My turning on the cantSelect for that larger object it
>> no longer responds to the pointer tool, which is expected of
>> course but makes drag-select impossible is the drag begins within
>> that object.
>
> Yes, this would seem to be a bug in cantSelect where you can drag
> to select everything else but only if the initial click is not
> inside the cantSelect object. I’m not positive it has always been
> this way as it seems to rule out the use case that both Scott and
> I have used it for!

AFAIK this has always been how it works. In fact I discussed this with Dr. Raney shortly after if was implemented, and in his view it works as spec'd: when you mouseDown anywhere in browser mode it doesn't do marquee select, so when an individual object is set to browser mode it does the same thing.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems