It should be said that (almost?) every object in rev can be created by script. As an exercise I've written scripts that go through all objects in a stack and make up a list of statements that can later be executed and recreate everything, including custom properties and scripts. It gets a little crazy with groups inside groups, but it can be done. Base64 is one's friend in this instance.

Would these scripts (all text) work in a code versioning environment?

So if you have this exporter, can you create the importer to get back the
objects to their original state? That would be the key.
And if this cannot work, then Steve's concepts would align to how I'd
approach team development using RunRev.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o