Jacque and Mark (W)

I started with the lesson I quoted but sort of diverged and only had a small
section of the code. By the time I posted the question on "revert" I was more
interested in just that, than the full externals bit.

Jacque: I was wondering in the back of my mind how rev could process my code
without looping, without twigging that it was looping - Doh. So you were right
on with the diagnosis. The cure is not so much trying a different approach but
getting the current one right.

Mark: When I answered your message I had forgotten the original code had the
test for externalPackages. When I put that together with Jacque's point the
penny dropped. However, since then I have tested the existence of both
externals and externalPackages and it doesn't seem to matter which.

Finally (for now), this problem is solved but I have not solved this approach
to externals recognition. I may be