On 20 May 2010, at 16:46, J. Landman Gay wrote:

Richard Gaskin wrote:

I believe Apple would allow a HyperCard-like app for the iPhone/ iPad only if they could have complete assurances it would be available EXCLUSIVELY for iPhone OS.

Kevin offered to do exactly that, and was still refused. It's in his blog post.

Important distinction - Runrev offered to do a *dev environment* that would build exclusively for the iPhone/iPad.

At no point has Runrev (to my knowledge) offered to build something equivalent to Hypercard *ON* the iPad. Probably because it would immediately fall foul of 'no interpreted code' and would be a end-user product in the first place.

At the moment the only way I can see a Hypercard equivalent on the iPad would be if it then used Webkit as a VM, so in effect it's output would be HTML/JS/CSS. Which would then make it rather hard to transfer stacks to other people.

Jerry's eventual plan for an iPad front-end to edit Rodeo apps online is about the closest I've heard of from anyone, on this list or anywhere else.

Ian