Jerry, I tripped across this very thing when debugging connect probs I had. I
use the mySQL on my onRev account as the DB backend. Trevor actually found a
problem internal to sqlYoga which he fixed, which was causing sqlYoga to
attempt to connect twice, which was giving me timeouts of a minute or more.

Trevor has subsequently fixed this, but I had come to accept that long timeouts
were common place when using a remote SQL server. It's nice to know that I was
not the only person experiencing this!

Bob