Not quite. We specify pass-by-ref by using '@' in the handler specification; you can't use it in the calling script as Ben did in his example in the email. Ben wants to be able to use the '@' (presumably as an option, with no actual effect) in the calling script, to help remind him that the variable will/may be changed within the handler.

-- Alex.