Absolutely! I'm using it right now in a team of two... and I'd keep it if one left =).
It of course also makes easy work of nightly builds, branches, versioning, etc.

Developers that use CVS, Subversion etc. often use it on solo projects as well! It's very empowering to be able to "turn back the clock" on all or part of your code. IBM Visual Age for Java which has a "repository" where project code could be freeze-dried, versioned, and saved for later use or inspection. Good stuff, even working solo.