Yes. So long as customers are still using 9.1.1, there is an implicit obligation to fix bugs therein. Once a product is purchased, the manufacturer has an implicit obligation to the purchaser to ensure that it functions as advertised. Simply releasing a "new version" does not relieve one of the obligation to fix defects in the older version.

If I buy the last 2004 automobile sold by Toyota, they are still obliged to fix defects in that vehicle for duration of the warranty period and, in the case of major recallable defects even after the expiration of the explicit warranty. Saying: "Oh we no longer sell that model" does not relieve them of their responsibility to purchasers of the earlier model.

Are you suggesting that if I buy 9.1.1 today and you release 10.0 tomorrow that you have no obligation whatsoever to me to ensure that 9.1.1 meets the specifications you set out for it , specifications upon which I based my decision to purchase it? Surely that cannot be right.

Marian