Xavier -

I did try "virtual cd rom control panel", but it didn't seem to want to mount any images I made from Toast on Mac (whichever format I chose ISO, UDF etc...) so I gave up with it. I'm afraid I am a bit of a Windows dunce. I make my CD's on Mac using Toast, so if you know of a specific PC utility that will mount these on XP I'd like to hear of it!

Indeed, what I'd really like is to have a locked CD image mounted on my G5 that is available to PC on network that sees it as a CD. But I've not found a way to do that. Most of the time testing from a shared folder on my G5 is fine. This is the first time that I've come across a non-speed related issue that differs between CD and HD...

Thanks for the advice,

Chris